AMAZING, USUALLY :)
Generally speaking the feeling of walking on clouds, (rich of feel good Hormones) follows a good Hot Yoga practice! You won't know untill you try. Even then it might take a few times for your body to recognize all this goodness and "label" it as "good". Here is a few tips on how to navigate and understand the first few times you decide to practice Hot Yoga.
- If you get an exhausted sense of feeling after class, don’t worry. You are detoxifying and cleansing in ways you may not have done so before. Replenish liquids and electrolytes, this will slowly bring your energy levels back to its normal levels. Keep coming, you will Acclimate!
- If you practice in the later hours of the afternoon or in the evening, you might be particularly energized from class and therefore you might experience some difficulty sleeping at first. This is a good sign, yoga is truly energizing you! Don’t worry, you don’t have insomnia. It will simply take a few days to adjust to your new schedule and healthy routines.
- You might experience some soreness and or tightness in the muscles the day after... Come back as soon and as much as possible! Your body is asking you for more, its coming alive and you should keep the process going! Lactic acid build up is caused by the limited capability of oxygen extraction from the blood in you muscle tissues. As you persevere and continue to practice, your body will increase its efficiency at consuming such oxygen during yoga, turning stretching and building muscle mass in a pleasingly & challenging way.
- If you feel nauseous, dizzy, or have a headache and or cramps during or after class, chances are you might be dehydrated! Always drink plenty of water (Half your bodyweight in Oz) especially before every class. Or it could be a sign that you were trying so hard that you weren’t breathing correctly.
- You might feel very hungry after class, or you might lose your appetite completely. Both reactions are normal and depend on your constitution. Don’t worry too much either way and try to eat healthy and nutritious meals. If your goal is to loose weight or if you are not sure about your diet, ask us for our recommended weight-loss consultant / nutritionist or about our suggested supplements for this practice.